10. You’ll lose a ton of weight — because there’s never time to eat!
9. Develop a closer bond with your co-workers, responding to all those codes!
8. Everyone is so frazzled, you’ll look fabulous by comparison!
7. Enjoy the challenge to your nursing skills to run a code without a crash cart because they’re all down in Central, being replaced!
6. Experience the joy of having the previous shift’s charge nurse tell you, “I don’t know why no one would return my calls tonight. By the way, you’re short two nurses and a CNA, with a full shift of patients as sick as dog dirt!”
5. Be the “Team Player” your nursing instructor told it was so vital to be!
4. Know that you are truly a caregiver — with an aching back, sore feet, and an interesting perspective on patients who think a 3 am gas attack is truly an emergency!
3. Learn new computer skills putting in your own orders and ordering supplies from Central!
2. Inadquate time to chart correctly may win you an exciting tour of our nation’s judicial system!
1. It’s a great LEARNING EXPERIENCE!