- During class the other day, our nursing instructor made several references to our graduation day, which will be occurring in nine months. This got me thinking…yes, it’s true. Nursing school is like pregnancy. (more…)
Posts Tagged 'nursing school'
- You identify the library as your primary place of residence on financial aid forms.
- You study for your annual physical exam.
- Your only exercise consists of running between classes.
- You can appreciate the literary vividness of “The gross appearance of the botryoides subclass of rhabdomyosarcoma is often a bizarre polypoid, glistening, edematous ‘cluster of grapes’ that is a mass of stroma and dilated blood vessels.”
- You pay $70 for a textbook without complaining.
- You suspect your instructors attended the Marquis de Sade School of Nursing Care Plan Writing.
- At dinnertime, you inform your family they’re NPO until morning.
- You have sacral decubiti from sitting in lectures.
- Your fingerprints are fading from handwashing.
- When your clinical begins at 7 am, you look forward to ‘sleeping in’.
- You believe your uniform is flattering to your figure.
- Your best mouth-to-mouth contact in months involves Rescue Annie.
- You get the feeling you should be doing something, anything, other than what you are doing the first few days of summer vacation.
- You inadvertently write “SN” after your check signature.
- You wish Florence Nightengale had just stayed in the Crimea!
- You look forward to taking the NCLEX.
By Meleen R Michalek, RN, BSN: if you are Meleen, drop us a line at <a href=”mailto:Cindy@journalofnursingjocularity.com”>